share

Yatra Online Makes Power Play in Adventure Tourism with Acquisition of ANN

Yatra
Preeti Bali / 6:50 am / June 21, 2024

Yatra Online, a leading online travel platform, has significantly bolstered its presence in the adventure tourism sector. The company acquired a controlling stake in its joint venture partner, Adventure and Nature Network Private Limited (ANN), on June 19, 2024. This move signifies Yatra’s strategic focus on expanding its offerings and capitalizing on the growing adventure travel market.

Acquisition Details

Through a share purchase agreement (SPA), Yatra Online acquired an additional 49% stake in ANN, increasing its overall ownership from 50% to 99%. This effectively transforms ANN into a subsidiary of Yatra Online. The acquisition involved 33,12,400 equity shares, valued at INR 98 lakh.

Growth Strategy and Expected Benefits

This acquisition aligns with Yatra’s long-term growth objectives. The company aims to leverage ANN’s expertise and established network in the adventure tourism space. By integrating ANN’s operations, Yatra expects to enhance its service offerings and unlock valuable synergies.

About Adventure and Nature Network (ANN)

Founded in 2012, Gurugram-based ANN specializes in adventure travel experiences. The company offers a range of services, including transportation, travel arrangements, and adventure activities like trekking, cycling, camping, and even sports event organization.

Yatra’s Financial Performance

Yatra Online reported a consolidated net loss in the financial year 2023-24 (FY24) compared to a net profit in the previous year. However, the company’s operating revenue witnessed an increase despite the overall loss. It’s important to note that Yatra recently launched an AI-powered expense management solution, indicating its focus on innovation and diversification beyond core travel services.

Yatra’s Market Presence

Yatra, already listed on the US stock exchange since 2016, entered the Indian bourses last year. This acquisition in the adventure tourism sector demonstrates the company’s commitment to growth and expansion within the Indian travel market.

More Stories